On Deep Electroconductivity of Tobol-Ishim Interfluve
The results of 1D and 2.5D modeling and inversion of amplitude and phase curves of magnetotelluric sounding in the Tobol-Ishim interfluve of Western Siberia are presented. Cross sections of the electrical conductivity of the crust and asthenosphere are constructed as well. It is suggested that there is a conductive layer lying at a depth of ~60–70 km. A decrease in the electrical resistivity of the overlying crustal layer from 1000–3000 to ~300 Ω-m which may be a sign of an increase in the conductivity of the earth’s crust is noted.
KeywordsMagnetotellurics Western Siberia Conductive layer
- Barykin, S.K. and V.S. Bochkarev (1993). The structure of the basement and the intermediate complex of sediments. Col. Geological and geophysical modeling of oil and gas areas. Moscow. Nedra, pp. 34–41.Google Scholar
- Borisova, V. P., T. A. Vasil’eva, S. L. Kostyuchenko, N. V. Narskii, B. K. Sysoev, E. B. Fainberg, A. G. Charushin and A. L. Sheinkman (2013). On Deep Electric Conductivity of the Lithosphere in the Tobol–Ishim Interfluve (West Siberia). Izvestia, Physics of the Solid Earth, V. 49, N3, pp. 363–372.Google Scholar
- Barsukov, P.O. and Fainberg E.B. (2010). 1D MT-modeling and inversion (manual). Applied Electromagnetic Research (AEMR), the Netherlands, 36 p.Google Scholar
- Dobretsov, N.L. (1997). Perm Trias magmatism and sedimentation in Eurasia as a reflection of superplume. DAN. Geophysics, V. 354. № 2. pp. 220–223.Google Scholar
- Fault map of the USSR and neighboring countries territory. Scale 1:2 500 000 (1980). Editor A.V. Sidorenko, M., Ministry of geology of the USSR, VNIIGeofizika.Google Scholar
- Kostyuchenko, S. L. (1992). The deep structure of the Earth crust of West Siberian plate by the results of complex geological and geophysical research. PhD Thesis in geological and mineralogical sciences. Moscow, MSU, 247 p.Google Scholar
- Kostyuchenko (2004) A relief map of the pre-Mesozoic basement of the West Siberian Plate. Scale 1: 5,000,000 / Ed. Kostyuchenko S.L. M .: GEON. 2004Google Scholar
- Kunin, N.Ya., V.S. Safonov and B.N. Lucenko (1995). Fundamentals of the search strategy for oil and gas fields (on the example of Western Siberia). Part I: IPE RAS, Khanty-Mansiysk Committee on Geology and Subsoil Use, «ACCOTГEO», 134 p.Google Scholar
- Sharapov, V.N., Yu.V. Perepechko, L.N. Perepechko and I.F. Rakhmenkulova (2008). The nature of the mantle sources of Perm Triassic Traps of the Western Siberian Plate and Siberian Platform. Geology and geophysics, V. 49. №7. pp. 652–665.Google Scholar
- Singer, B.Sh. and E.B. Fainberg (2003). User documentation for thin layer modeling code SLPROG and accompanying software, www.aemr.net/slprog/win/slprog.zip.