On 2D Inversion of MTS Data in Tobol-Ishim Interfluve of Western Siberia
The results of 2D inversion of amplitude and phase effective curves from magnetotelluric soundings in the Tobol-Ishim interfluve of Western Siberia are presented. These results confirm the existence of conductive regional faults of submeridional strike and a conductive asthenospheric layer at depths of 70–80 km. The revealed deep conductive anomalies may indicate peculiarities of the oil and gas generation regimes.
KeywordsMagnetotellurics Tobol-Ishim interfluve Conductive layer
- Dyakonova A.G., K.S. Ivanov, O.V. Surina, P.F. Astafyev, V.S. Vishnev and A.D. Konoplin (2008). The structure of the tectonosphere of the Urals and the West Siberian Platform according to electromagnetic data. DAN. Series: Geophysics. V. 423(5). pp. 685–688.Google Scholar
- Kostyuchenko S. L. (1992). The deep structure of the Earth crust of West Siberian plate by the results of complex geological and geophysical research. PhD Thesis in geological and mineralogical sciences. M.: MSU. 247 p.Google Scholar
- Varentsov Iv.M. (2002). A general approach to the magnetotelluric data inversion in a piecewise-continuous medium. Izv. Phys. Solid Earth. V. 38(11). pp. 913–934.Google Scholar
- Varentsov Iv.M. (2015a). Methods of joint robust inversion in MT and MV studies with application to synthetic datasets. Electromagnetic sounding of the Earth’s interior: theory, modeling, practice (Ed, V.V. Spichak). Elsevier. pp. 191–229.Google Scholar
- Varentsov Iv.M. (2015b). Arrays of simultaneous electromagnetic soundings: design, data processing, analysis, and inversion. Electromagnetic sounding of the Earth’s interior: theory, modeling, practice (Ed, V.V. Spichak). Elsevier. pp. 271–299.Google Scholar
- Wessel P. and W.H.F. Smith (2007). The generic mapping tools. Technical reference and cookbook, v. 4.2. http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu.