Societies all over Europe are ageing. Ageing populations are providing a challenge for both public health and social care systems society in Europe. Far out most of the health and social care professionals all over Europe will work with older people in different settings, at home, in the community and in hospitals, or in long-term care settings. Dealing with the special needs of older people requires specific competences for health and social care professionals, as well as an integrated approach to health and social care. The book describes the roles and competences needed for all health and social care professionals working with older people from different viewpoints. It includes the complete but comprehensive European Core Competences Framework (ECCF) for working with older people in health and social care.
KeywordsCompetences working with older people European Core Competences Framework
- 1.World Health Organization. 10 Priorities towards a decade of healthy ageing. 2017. http://www.who.int/ageing
- 2.Lambregts J, Grotendorst A, van Merwijk C. Bachelor of Nursing 2020, Een toekomstbestendig opleidingsprofiel 4.0. Houten: Bohn Stafleu van Loghum; 2015.Google Scholar
- 4.Schuurmans MJ, Habes V, Strijbos MJ. Gerontologische en geriatrische inhoud van verpleegkunde opleidingen in Nederland. Amsterdam: Beleidsrapport ZonMw; 2011.Google Scholar
- 5.Westerlaken A. Voortrekkers in verandering. Den Haag: Hbo-raad; 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.Onderwijsraad. Meer innovatieve professionals. Den Haag; 2014.Google Scholar
- 8.http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/canmeds-frameworks-e (1996, updated 2005 and 2015).