Transport Properties of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/NSTO and La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/ZnO Perovskite Solar Cells
A comprehensive numerical analysis for a Lead- free perovskite solar cell has been carried out using device simulation software. Enumerated study of two types of configurations La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/ZnO (LSMO/ZnO) and La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/Nb–SrTiO3 (LSMO/NSTO) are simulated which gives power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 6.78 and 0.47% after optimizing different parameters using SCAPS-1D numerical simulation. Bandgap analysis of LSMO/NSTO shows 35 and 65% discontinuity in the conduction band and valence band, which directly affect in the collection of charge carriers. While LSMO/ZnO configuration has continuity in the energy bands so large number of carriers collected as compared to NSTO buffer layer and it also leads to higher PCE. Buffer layer thickness optimization is also carried out.
The authors are grateful to the Marc Burgelman University of Gent, Belgium for providing the solar cell capacitor simulator (SCAPS-1D) software used in our simulation.
- 2.O. Grånäs, D. Vinichenko, E. Kaxiras, Establishing the limits of efficiency of perovskite solar cells from first principles modeling. Sci. Rep. 6, 36108(1–6) (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.A. Babayigit, D.D. Thanh, A. Ethirajan et al., Assessing the toxicity of Pb- and Sn-based perovskite solar cells in model organism Danio rerio. Sci. Rep. 6(1–11), 18721 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.H. Gao et al., Structure and magnetic properties of three-dimensional La1−xSrxMnO3 nanofilms on ZnO nanorod arrays. Appl. Phys. Lett. 98(1–3), 123105 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.S. Bansal, P. Aryal, Evaluation of new materials for electron and hole transport layers in perovskite-based solar cells through SCAPS-1D simulations, in IEEE 43rd Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (2016), pp. 0747–0750Google Scholar
- 12.K.X. Jin, S.G. Zhao, C.L. Chen, X.Y. Tan, X.W. Jia, Ultraviolet photovoltage characteristics in ZnO/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 heterostructure. Appl. Phys. 42(1–4), 015001 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.H.Y. Dai, B. Wang et al., Growth of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 films on Si (0 0 1) using SrMnO3 template layer. Elsevier 80, 914–917 (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Nima Khoshsirat et al., Analysis of absorber and buffer layer band gap grading on CIGS thin film solar cell performance using SCAPS. Pertanika J. Sci. Technol. 23, 241–250 (2015)Google Scholar
- 17.W.J. Zhon et al., Significant enhancement of photovoltage in artificially designed perovskite oxide structures. Appl. Phys. Lett. 105(1–6), 131109 (2014)Google Scholar