Analytical Modeling and Simulation Study of Homo and Hetero III-V Semiconductor Based Tunnel Field Effect Transistor (TFET)
High staggered, Moderate staggered and homo junction III–V semiconductor-based heterojunction TFETs are of interest as they allow a high on–off current ratio and high on current through reduction in the tunneling barrier height. GaAsSb/InGaAs based heterojunction p-n-i-n TFET has shown an increase in the drive current when compared to homojunction due to band engineering. Further engineering can be performed by varying tunneling barrier height (Ebeff) from 0.5 to 0.25 eV using differently staggered heterojunction. Thus, the concept of halo doped heterojunction pocket TFET is presented by analytical and simulation study with varying staggered junctions.
Authors would like to thank Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India (File No. 22(0724)/17/EMR-II).
M. L. Varshika (ENGS3150) would like to thank the Indian Academy of Sciences for providing the opportunity to be a part of SRFP-2017.
- 4.Sentaurus Users Manual (Synopsis, Inc., 2012)Google Scholar
- 6.C. Kampen, A. Burenkov, J. Lorenz, Challenges in TCAD simulations of tunneling field effect transistors, in Proceedings of Solid-State Device Research Conference (ESSDERC), pp. 139–142 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.B. Syamal, C. Bose, C.K. Sarkar, N. Mohankumar, Effect of single halo doped channel in tunnel FETs: a 2-D modeling study, in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), pp. 1–4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.D.K. Mohata, R. Bijesh, Y. Zhu, M.K. Hudait, R. Southwick, Z. Chbili, D. Gundlach, J. Suehle, J.M. Fastenau, D. Loubychev, A.K. Liu, Demonstration of improved heteroepitaxy, scaled gate stack and reduced interface states enabling heterojunction tunnel FETs with high drive current and high on-off ratio, in VLSI Technology (VLSIT), pp. 53–54 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.D.K. Mohata, Arsenide-antimonide hetero-junction tunnel transistors for low power logic applications. Ph.D. Dissertation, The Pennsylvania State University (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.T.Y. Yu, L.S. Peng, C.W. Lin, Y.M. Hsin, GaAsSb/InGaAs tunnel field effect transistor with a pocket layer. Microelectr. Reliab. (2017)Google Scholar