Vibration Modal Analysis by High-Speed and Accurate Shape Measurement Using One-Pitch Phase Analysis Method
To protect vibration of structures, vibration modal analysis is important. Conventional experimental vibration analysis method uses accelerometers or laser displacement meters. The analysis takes much time and troublesome work. Especially, by contacting accelerometers to objects the results of frequency mode have some errors because of contact of the accelerometer weight. The authors have previously proposed a new method for shape measurement, i.e. the one-pitch phase analysis (OPPA) method using moiré topography. In moiré topography, the number of pixels for one pitch is constant regardless of the object height. The OPPA method analyzes the phase of each pixel in a single-shot image by using brightness data from one pitch of a projected grating. A motion capture system has been previously developed using OPPA method and measured the 3D coordinates at every pixel of the surface of a human body. In this study, the OPPA method is applied to vibration modal analysis of a cantilever plate using a high-speed camera. This method is useful for inspection of automobiles, machines, buildings, etc. without contact, in a short time.
KeywordsShape measurement Phase analysis Vibration modal analysis Frequency analysis One-pitch phase analysis
The work in this paper was supported by many members of 4D Sensor Inc. The author appreciates Dr. A. Masaya, Mr. Y. Irino, Mr. Q. Quarles, Mr. A. Horn, Mr. I. Harker and, Mr. S. Seles and to their contributions, and Prof. H. Koike of Okayama University to his advice.
- 1.Morimoto, Y., Masaya, A., Ueki, M.: High-speed 3D shape measurement by one pitch phase analysis method using brightness values in small square area of one-shot image. Opt. Lasers Eng. (2018) (submitted)Google Scholar
- 7.Arai, Y., Kurata, T.: High-speed Moiré topography with high precision using a technique with a fringe scanning interferometer. Jpn. J. Opt. 15(5), 402–406 (1986). in JapaneseGoogle Scholar
- 8.Morimoto, Y., Kusunoki, Y., Ueki, M., Masaya, A., Takagi, A.: One-pitch phase analysis method for grating and its application to shape analysis of vibrating object. In: International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences (ICCES’15), 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Morimoto, Y., Kusunoki, Y., Ueki, M., Takagi, A., Masaya, A.: Dynamic deformation measurement by one-pitch phase analysis (OPPA) method. In: 11th ISEM’16-Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 2-4 November 2016Google Scholar
- 10.Morimoto, Y., Fujigaki, M., Toda, H.: Real-time shape measurement by integrated phase-shifting method. In: Proceedings of SPIE. vol. 374, pp. 118–125 (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Fujigaki, M.: Real-time and wide-range 3D shape measurement using linear LED fringe projector. In: 2nd International Conference on Opto-Electronics and Applied Optics (IEM OPTRONIX), vol. 015, pp. 1–5 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/OPTRONIX.2015.7345513