What Membranes are About
Collodion, the viscous solution of cellulose nitrate in ether-alcohol, is the prototype of “synthetic” film-forming materials and as such is the parent of artificial membranes, likewise of photographic film.
- 1.R.E. Kesting, A.K. Fritzsche, Polymeric Gas Separation Membranes (Wiley-Interscience, New York etc., 1993)Google Scholar
- 2.A. Fick, loc. cit. Chap. 8, Ref. Google Scholar
- 3.A.F. Turback (ed.), Synthetic membranes, in Desalination, Hyper- and Ultrafiltration Uses. ACS Symposium Series 153 and 154, vols. 1, 2 (Washington, 1981)Google Scholar
- 4.A.F.M. Barton, Handbook of Solubility Parameters and Cohesion Parameters (CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 1983)Google Scholar
- 6.J.M. Benyus, Biomimicry, Innovation Inspired by Nature (HarperCollins Publishers, New York, 1997)Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018