The Global Power of the US
The chapter analyzes the major points of strength of the American economy and, more generally, the global power of the United States of America, given by the combination of economic, financial, military, and political power. There is also the attempt at measuring changes in economic power in the US and in other major economies through a new index: the Turin index of economic power.
KeywordsPoint of strength of the American economy The economic consequences of the wars Economic, military, and political powers Hard power and soft power The Turin index of economic power
- Conference Board. 2018. Accessed June 9, 2018. https://www.conference-board.org/data/economydatabase/.
- Nye, J.S., Jr. 2004. Soft Power: The Means to Success in World Politics. New York: Public Affairs/Perseus Books.Google Scholar
- OECD. 2018. http://www.oecd.org.
- UNESCO. 2018. https://en.unesco.org.
- UNTCAD. 2018. www.untcad.org.
- Valli, V. 2002. L’Europa e l’economia mondiale. Roma: Carocci.Google Scholar
- World Bank. 2018. www.worldbank.org.