Quasi-Optimal Nonconforming Methods for Second-Order Problems on Domains with Non-Lipschitz Boundary
We introduce new nonconforming finite element methods for elliptic problems of second order. In contrast to previous work, we consider mixed boundary conditions and the domain does not have to lie on one side of its boundary. Each method is quasi-optimal in a piecewise energy norm, thanks to the discretization of the load functional with a moment-preserving smoothing operator.
The support by the GNCS, part of the Italian INdAM, is gratefully acknowledged.
- 2.P. Ciarlet Jr., C.F. Dunkl, S. Sauter, A family of Crouzeix-Raviart finite elements in 3D, arXiv:1703.03224v1 [math.NA]Google Scholar
- 3.P. Hansbo, M.G. Larson, Discontinuous Galerkin and the Crouzeix-Raviart element: application to elasticity. M2AN Math. Model. Numer. Anal. 37, 63–72 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Veeser, P. Zanotti, Quasi-optimal nonconforming methods for symmetric elliptic problems. I – Abstract theory, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 56(3), 1621–1642 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1137/17M1116362
- 7.A. Veeser, P. Zanotti, Quasi-optimal nonconforming methods for symmetric elliptic problems. II – Overconsistency and classical nonconforming elements, arXiv:1710.03447 [math.NA]Google Scholar
- 8.A. Veeser, P. Zanotti, Quasi-optimal nonconforming methods for symmetric elliptic problems. III – DG and other interior penalty methods, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. (accepted for publication)Google Scholar