Psychological Hardiness and Coping Strategies to Deal with Traumatic Event at Algerian Firefighters
The purpose of this study is to investigate the psychological hardiness and coping strategies among Algerian firefighters.
The study used the quantitative method (cross-sectional survey).
The study sample consisted of (99) firefighters.
It has been found that both psychological hardiness, and coping strategies increased over time among Algerian firefighters.
KeywordsAlgerian firefighters Psychological hardiness Coping strategies
- 1.Mikhamar E (2002) Psychological rigidity scale. Anglo-Egyptian Library, CairoGoogle Scholar
- 2.Cousson F, Bruchon-Schweitzer M, Quintard B, Nuissier J (1996) Analyse multidimensionnelle d’une échelle de coping: validation française de la W.C.C. (Ways of Coping Checklist). Psychologie Française 41(2):155–164Google Scholar
- 5.Pierron R (1983) l’agression c’est les autres. édition Bordas, ParisGoogle Scholar
- 8.Lazarus RS, Folkman S (1984) Stress, appraisal and coping. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Sawhney G, Jennings KS, Britt TW, Sliter MT (2017) Occupational stress and mental health symptoms: examining the moderating effect of work recovery strategies in firefighters. J Occup Health Psychol, 1–14. Advance online publication, 12 JuneGoogle Scholar
- 10.Gerson M (1998) The relationship between hardiness, coping skills and stress in graduate student’s Unpublished Doctoral dissertation. Adler school of professional psychology, TorrontoGoogle Scholar