The Ergonomics Experiment Research on Display Interface of Railway Transportation Dispatching Room
There are still some problems of the railway dispatching interface, such as function icons, the station chart and so on. To find the defects of the current dispatching interface and provide support for the improvement of interface, the eye movement experiment to the dispatching interface was conducted. Six railway dispatchers who have worked more than five years in this position participated in the experiment. The railway dispatch information was simulated with two displays and two patterns. One pattern was that the dispatching information was presented on two 32-inch displays placed side by side. This pattern was called the large display combination. Another pattern was that all information was presented on two 22-inch displays and was called the small display combination. The subjects were asked to do 12 kinds of typical railway dispatching tasks and the eye movement data was recorded. When the subjects completed the experiment, they were asked to make a subjective questionnaire that mainly related to the layout, color density and size of a variety of graphics, buttons, character and line and light flicker frequency on displays. The result of the task completion time showed that there is no significant difference with two patterns of display. There was no significant difference in the eye movement index of the fixation numbers, the average fixation time and the average scanning amplitude. Only the index of the average pupil size reached significant differences. The subjective data showed that the color of the interface element was the most seriously. Most of the subjects said that the color of the line of station chart is too bright and dazzling, the color of the graphic symbol is also some glare, and the color of the character of alarm information window is not easy to see. Based on above result, the conclusion can be made that within a certain range, the larger size display shows the better information; the color of the station chart need to be adjusted; the red color of the word is not easy to read, it should be changed to the color of obvious contrast to the background.
KeywordsEye movement Railway dispatching Interface Ergonomics Evaluation
This research was funded by National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFC0802807) and Electronic information equipment system research of Key laboratory of basic research projects of national defense technology (DXZT-JC-ZZ-2015-016).
- 1.Feng W (2005) Discussion on several technologies of computer interlocking system in railway station. The Dissertation of Nanjing University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 2.Songtao L (2004) Interaction design essence. Electronic Industry PressGoogle Scholar
- 3.Qi Huang, Zhihua B (2012) Interaction design. Zhejiang University Press, HangzhouGoogle Scholar
- 4.Yuanbo S, Min L, Lei S (2010) Engineering foundation and design. Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing, pp 168-169Google Scholar
- 5.Qing L, Chengqi X, Hoehn F (2010) An interface usability assessment based on eye tracking technology. J SE Univ Nat Sci Ed 40(2):331–334Google Scholar
- 6.Man Z, Weining F, Jiancheng M (2014) Study on the design of man-machine interactive interface of subway dispatcher workstation. Comput Appl 23(6):49–55Google Scholar
- 7.Xiaowei L (2010) The design and realization of man-machine interface of subway integrated monitoring. Ind Control Comput 23(12):13–15Google Scholar
- 8.Zhihua Q, Yang P, Delong X (2017) The optimization design of computer interlocking system operation display interface. Railw Signal 53(7):1–5Google Scholar
- 9.Feng Z (2017) A brief analysis of the construction scheme of the large screen display system for railway passenger special scheduling. Railw Commun Signal 53(1):61–65Google Scholar
- 10.Qinglei L (2017) The standardized research of subway ATS system scheduling interface display in Tianjin shows. Mod Urban Rail Transp 9:5–9Google Scholar