Application of an Improved Grab Cut Method in Tongue Image Segmentation
Grab Cut is an image segmentation method based on graph theory, and it is an improved algorithm of Graph Cut. Color images can be segmented by Grab cut. However, Grab Cut has the disadvantage of long segmentation time consuming. The application of SLIC (simple linear iterative clustering) super pixel method can reduce the time consumption. According to the particularity of the larger R value in the pixel of the tongue image, the formula of SLIC color space distance is improved, so that the super pixel produced by SLIC is more suitable for tongue image segmentation. The segmentation experiment on 300 tongue images shows that the segmentation accuracy of the improved algorithm is over 0.95, and the segmentation time is reduced greatly compared with the original Grab Cut algorithm. The algorithm can reduce the time of the tongue segmentation and improve the efficiency of the tongue segmentation, while maintaining the accuracy of the segmentation.
KeywordsTongue image segmentation Grab Cut Super pixels Improved color space distance
Thanks to Institute of Department of information, Beijing University of Technology for supporting our work and giving us great suggestion. Our work is supported by the national key research and development program (No. 2017YFC1703300) of China. At the same time, we also thank to the teachers and students who made great contribution to this study.
- 1.Li, N.: Complete Diagnosis of Tongue Diagnosis in TCM. Academy Press, Beijing (1995). 1525, 12241347Google Scholar
- 3.Qin, W., Li, B., Yue, X.: A hybrid tongue image segmentation algorithm based on initialization of Snake contours. J. Univ. Sci. Technol. China 40(8), 807–811 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, W.J., Ma, L.Z., Xiao, X.Z.: Method of tongue image segmentation based on luminance and roughness information. J. Syst. Simul. (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao, Z., Wang, A., Shen, L.: The color tongue image segmentation based on mathematical morphology and HIS model. J. Beijing Polytech. Univ. (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, C., Zhang, H., Yang, H.: Application of GVF Snake model based on Perona-Malik algorithm in segmentation of tongue image. Microcomput. Appl. (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Sun, X., Pang, C.: An improved snake model method on tongue segmentation. J. Chang. Univ. Sci. Technol. 36(5), 154–156 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, Z., Chen, J.X., Zhao, Y.M., et al.: Automatic tongue image segmentation based on visual attention and support vector machine. J. Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.An, N.Y., Pun, C.M.: Iterated graph cut integrating texture characterization for interactive image segmentation. IEEE Comput. Graph. Imaging Vis., 79–83 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Song, X., Zhou, L., Li, Z., et al.: Review on superpixel methods in image segmentation. J. Image Graph. 20(5), 0599–0608 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Achanta, R., Shaji, A., Smith, K., et al.: SLIC superpixels. Epfl (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhou, L.: Improved image segmentation algorithm based on GrabCut. J. Comput. Appl. 33(1), 49–52 (2013)Google Scholar