Complex Identification of Plants from Leaves
The automatic identification of plant leaves is a very important current topic of research in vision systems. Several researchers have tried to solve the problem of identification from plant leaves proposing various techniques. The proposed techniques in the literature have obtained excellent results on data sets where the leaves have dissimilar features to each other. However, in cases where the leaves are very similar to each other, the classification accuracy falls significantly. In this paper, we proposed a system to deal with the performance problem of machine learning algorithms where the leaves are very similar. The results obtained show that combination of different features and features selection process can improve the classification accuracy.
KeywordsPlant identification Vision system Features selection
This study was funded by the Research Secretariat of the Autonomous University of the State of Mexico with the research project 5228/2018/CI.
- 1.Huang, Y., Lan, Y., Hoffmann, W.C.: Use of airborne multi-spectral imagery for area wide pest management. Agric. Eng. Int. CIGR Ejournal Manuscr. IT 07(010), 1–14 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Singh, V., Misra, A.K.: Detection of plant leaf diseases using image segmentation and soft computing techniques. Inf. Process. Agric. 4(1), 41–49 (2017). ISSN:2214-3173Google Scholar
- 5.Sampallo, G.: Reconocimiento de tipos de hojas. Inteligencia Artificial. Rev. Iberoam. Intel. Artif. 7(21), 55–62 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Chaki, J., Parekh, R.: Designing an automated system for plant leaf recognition. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Technol. 2(1), 149–158 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Tico, M., Haverinen, T., Kuosmanen, P.: A method of color histogram creation for image retrieval. In: Proceedings of the Nordic Signal Processing Symposium (NORSIG-2000), Kolmarden, Sweden, pp. 157–160 (2000)Google Scholar