Steepest Descent Bat Algorithm for Solving Systems of Non-linear Equations
Bat algorithm (BA) is a kind of heuristic algorithm imitating the echolocation behavior of bats. In consideration of BA shortcomings such as that it could easily fall into traps like local optimum, low accuracy and premature convergence, a new algorithm is proposed by combining steepest descent (SD) algorithm and bat algorithm based on their respective advantages and disadvantages so as to achieve the goal of solving systems of non-linear equations effectively. The results of simulation experiments show that this proposed algorithm (SD-BA) can help improve the accuracy of problem solving and make the optimization results more accurate, and therefore, it is a very efficient and reliable algorithm for solving systems of non-linear equations.
KeywordsBat Algorithm Steepest Descent algorithm Hybrid algorithm Systems of non-linear equations Searching
The research was partially funded by the science and technology project of Guizhou (1207), the training program of high level innovative talents of Guizhou (3), the Guizhou province natural science foundation in China (KY018), the Science and Technology Research Foundation of Hunan Province (13C333).
- 1.Yang, X.S.: Nature-Inspired Meta Heuristic Algorithms. Luniver Press, Bristol (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Xiao, H.H., Duan, Y.M.: Research and application of improved bat algorithm based on DE algorithm. Comput. Simul. 31(1), 272–301 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Komarasarmy, G., Wahi, A.: An optimized k-means clustering technique using bat algorithm. Eur. J. Sci. Res. 84(2), 263–273 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Sheng, X.H., Ye, C.M.: Application of bat algorithm to permutation flow-shop scheduling problem. Ind. Eng. J. 16(1), 119–124 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, G.Q., Zhao, W.J., Lu, Q.Q.: Bat algorithm with global convergence for solving large-scale optimization problem. Appl. Res. Comput. 30(5), 1323–1328 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Pan, T.S., Dao, T.K., Chu, S.C.: Hybrid particle swarm optimization with bat algorithm. Genet. Evol. Comput. 329, 37–47 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Luo, Q.F., Zhou, Y.Q., Xie, J., Ma, M.Z., Li, L.L.: Discrete bat algorithm for optimal problem of permutation flow shop scheduling. Sci. World J. 2014, 15 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhao, X.P.: Convergence on the steeped decent method using difference quotient. J. East China Inst. Chem. Technol. 18(6), 807–812 (1992)Google Scholar
- 21.Burges, C., Shaked, T., Renshaw, E., Lazier, A., Deeds, M., Hamilton, N., Hullender, G.: Learning to rank using gradient descent. In: Proceeding of the 22nd International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 89–96 (2005)Google Scholar
- 22.Yang, X.S.: A new meta-heuristic bat-inspired algorithm. In: González, J.R., Pelta, D.A., Cruz, C., Terrazas, G., Krasnogor, N. (eds.) Nature Inspired Cooperative Strategies for Optimization, vol. 284, pp. 65–74. Springer, Heidelberg (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-12538-6_6CrossRefGoogle Scholar