Simplex Bat Algorithm for Solving System of Non-linear Equations
In consideration of the fact that bat algorithm (BA) is sensitive to the initial values and simplex algorithm (SA) could often easily fall into local optimal, simplex - bat algorithm is put forward in this paper to solve system of non-linear equations based on the respective advantages of both algorithms. Such a combined algorithm does not only give full play to BAs global searching ability but also make full use of SA local searching ability. The results of simulation experiments show that this combined algorithm can be used to find the roots of all sorts of systems of non-linear equations with high accuracy, and moreover, with strong robustness and fast convergence rate, and therefore, it is indeed an effective method to solve system of non-linear equations.
KeywordsSystem of non-linear equations Simplex Algorithm Bat Algorithm Hybrid Algorithm Optimization
The research was partially funded by the science and technology project of Guizhou (1207), the training program of high level innovative talents of Guizhou (3), the Guizhou province natural science foundation in China (KY018), the Science and Technology Research Foundation of Hunan Province (13C333).
- 1.Qiuruchen, K.R.: An accelerated simplex method. J. Nanjing Univ. Sci. Technol. 27(2), 209–213 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Xiao, H.H., Duan, Y.M.: Research and application of improved bat algorithm based on de algorithm. Comput. Simul. 31(1), 272–277 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Iztok Fister, J., Fong, S., Brest, J., Fister, I.: A novel hybrid self-adaptive bat algorithm. Sci. World J. 2014(1–2), 709738 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Yu, L.I., Liang, M.A., Management, S.O.: Bat-inspired algorithm: a novel approach for global optimization. Comput. Sci. 40(9), 225–229 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Ouyang, A.J., Zhang, W.W.: Hybrid global optimization algorithm based on simplex and population migration. Comput. Eng. Appl. 46(4), 29–30 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Sun, J.Z.: Solving nonlinear systems of equations based on social cognitive optimization. Comput. Eng. Appl. 44(28), 42–43 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, A.L.: Hybrid quasi-newton/particle swarm optimization algorithm for nonlinear equations. Comput. Eng. Appl. 44(33), 41–42 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Sui, Y., Zhao, W.: A quadratic programming method for solving the NSE and its application. Chin. J. Comput. Mech. 19(2), 245–246 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.Mo, Y., Chen, D.Z., Hu, S.: A complex particle swarm optimization for solving system of nonlinear equations. Inf. Control 35(4), 423–427 (2006)Google Scholar