A Two-Phase Variable Neighborhood Search for Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem with Energy Consumption Constraint
This paper investigates flexible job shop scheduling problem (FJSP) with energy consumption constraint, the goal of which is to minimize makespan and total tardiness under the constraint that total energy consumption doesn’t exceed a given threshold. Energy consumption constraint is not always met and a new method for this constraint is proposed. A two-phase variable neighborhood search (TVNS) is presented. In the first phase, the problem is converted into FJSP with makespan, total tardiness and total energy consumption and a VNS is applied for the new problem. In the second phase, another VNS is for the original problem by strategies for comparing solutions and updating the non-dominated set \( \Omega \) of the first phase. The current solution of TVNS is replaced with a member of \( \Omega \) every a prefixed number of iterations to improve solution quality. Extensive experiments are conducted and computational results validate the effectiveness and advantages of TVNS for the considered FJSP.
KeywordsFlexible job shop scheduling problem Energy consumption constraint Variable neighborhood search
This work is supported by the National Natural Science of Foundation of China (61573264).
- 8.Shen, X.N., Han, Y., Fu, J.Z.: Robustness measures and robust scheduling for multi-objective stochastic flexible job shop scheduling problems. Soft Comput. (2018, in press)Google Scholar
- 19.Yin, L.J., Li, X.Y., Gao, L., Lu, C., Zhang, Z.: A novel mathematical model and multi-objective method for the low-carbon flexible job shop scheduling problem. Sustain. Comput. Inf. Syst. 13, 15–30 (2017)Google Scholar
- 21.Mokhtari, H., Hasani, A.: An energy-efficient multi-objective optimization for flexible job shop scheduling. Comput. Ind. Eng. 104, 339–352 (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Lei, D.M., Li, M., Wang, L.: A two-phase meta-heuristic for multi-objective flexible job shop scheduling problem with total energy consumption threshold. IEEE Trans. Cybern. (2018, in press)Google Scholar
- 23.Lei, D.M., Yang, D.J.: Research on flexible job shop scheduling problem with total energy consumption constraint. ACTA Autom. Sinica (2018, in press). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 26.Knowles, J.D., Corne, D.W.: On metrics for comparing non-dominated sets. In: Proceedings of 2002 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Honolulu, 12–17 May, pp. 711–716 (2002)Google Scholar