Analysis of Forced Bending Vibrations of Straight Pipe with Flowing Fluid
The authors made a computational study of forced oscillations of a straight pipe with a flowing fluid under an external driving force using beam model. The phase shift of the oscillations of two points of the tube was obtained considering the noncentral application of the driving force and the asymmetry of the location of the sensors. The approach proposed was aimed at solving the problem of forced oscillations of a beam with a flowing fluid. It enables to use the beam modal shapes with a standing fluid found by the finite element method. The equation of transverse vibrations of a beam with a flowing fluid with an allowance for internal friction on the tube material was proposed. The allowance for friction on the tube material made it possible to solve the problem of forced resonance oscillations of a beam with a flowing fluid in a nonstationary formulation. The results obtained on the beam model were verified using a three-dimensional finite element model of a straight pipe with the flowing fluid. The results obtained can be used in prototyping Coriolis flowmeters.
KeywordsStraight pipe Fluid flow Beam model Finite element method Coriolis mass flowmeter
This work was conducted with the financial support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Agreement No. 14.578.21.0191 from 03.10.2016. Unique identifier of the Applied Scientific Research is RFMEFI57816X0191.
- 2.Chieu C-T (1970) Bending vibrations of a pipe line containing flowing fluid. Dissertation, Kansas State UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 3.Stein RA, Tobriner MW (1970) Vibration of pipes containing flowing fluids. ASMEGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hulbert GM, Darnell I, Brereton GJ (1995) Numerical and experimental analysis of Coriolis mass flowmeters. AIAA Technical Paper, AIAA-95-1384-CPGoogle Scholar
- 12.Gao PX, Zhai JY, Qu FZ et al (2017) Vibration and damping analysis of aerospace pipeline conveying fluid with constrained layer damping treatment. Proc Inst Mech Eng Part G: J Aerosp EngGoogle Scholar
- 17.Mironov MA, Pyatakov PA, Andreev AA (2010) Forced bending vibrations of a pipe with a liquid flow. Acoust J 56(5):684–692Google Scholar
- 19.Biderman VL (1980) Teoriya mekhanicheskikh kolebaniy (Theory of mechanical vibrations). Vysshaya shkola, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 20.Beskachko VP, Romanov VA (2018) The simulation of Coriolis flow meter tube movements excited by fluid flow and exterior harmonic force. In: Advanced mathematical and computational tools in metrology and testing XI (in press)Google Scholar
- 21.Beskachko VP, Romanov VA (2018) Virtual prototyping experience of the Coriolis flowmeter. In: Lecture notes in mechanical engineering (in press)Google Scholar