Development of Practical Tasks in Physics with Elements of Augmented Reality for Secondary Educational Institutions
The current work demonstrates the use of augmented reality technology for the development of an application that can be employed as an additional teaching tool within physics in secondary educational institutions in Kazakhstan. The application contains a set of problem tasks in “Mechanics”. The physical processes within tasks are visualized with help of augmented reality and this helps pupils to imagine and understand deeper the studied phenomena. One of the advantages and distinctive features of the developed application is that it provides the user interface in Kazakh, Russian and English languages. This corresponds to the multilingual policy adopted by the government of the country. In the article the existing analogs worldwide are presented, development software is described and the main results of the project are discussed.
KeywordsPhysics Augmented reality Secondary education
The work was done under the funding of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (No. AP05135692).
- 2.Nesloney, T.: Augmented Reality Brings New Dimensions to Learning [Electronic resource]. http://www.edutopia.org/blog/augmented-reality-new-dimensions-learning-drew-minock. Accessed 30 Mar 2018
- 3.Mitra, A.: U Dopolnennoi Realnosti problem s Otobrazheniyem (in Russian) [Electronic resource]. http://holographica.space/articles/blippar-1774. Accessed 30 Mar 2018
- 4.Craciun, D., Bunoiu, M.: Boosting physics education through mobile augmented reality. In: TIM1 Physics Conference, AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1916, p. 050003 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5017456
- 5.Sanchez-Garcia, J.M., Toledo-Morales, P.: Converging technologies for teaching: Augmented Reality, BYOD, Flipped Classroom. Red-Revista de Educacion a Distancia 55, 5–15 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Karagozlu, D., Ozdamli, F.: Student opinions on mobile augmented reality application and developed content in science class. TEM J. 6(4), 660–670 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Giasiranis, S., Sofos, L.: Flow experience and educational effectiveness of teaching informatics using AR. Educ. Technol. Soc. 20(4), 78–88 (2017)Google Scholar