Towards Visual Comfort: Disciplines on the Scene Structure Design for VR Contents
Inappropriate designed VR contents may cause visual discomfort (dizziness, vertigo) to users when they experience with VR head mounted displays (HMDs), This paper explored the human factors of binocular stereoscopic effects and provide some guidelines on how to achieve visual comfort in VR games.
KeywordsVR games Human factors Binocular stereoscopic effects Discomfort
- 3.Lipton, L.: Foundations of the Stereoscopic Cinema: A Study in Depth. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York (1982)Google Scholar
- 4.Kolasinski, E.M.: Simulator sickness in virtual environments (ARI 1027). U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences. www.dtic.mil. Accessed 22 July 2014
- 6.Grinberg, V.S., Podnar, G., Siegel, M.W.: Geometry of binocular imaging, pp. 56–65 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Di, L.: The influence of selecting and setting of 3D shooting scene to stereo effects, 012, p. 118 (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Keshavarz, B., Riecke, B.E., Hettinger, L.J., Campos, J.L.: Vection and visually induced motion sickness: how are they related? Front. Psychol. 6, 472 (2015)Google Scholar