Dynamic Relation-Based Analysis of Objective Interestingness Measures in Association Rules Mining
While a large number of objective interestingness measures have been proposed to extract interesting rules from a dataset, most of them have been tested on a limited number of datasets that may not cover all possible patterns. This paper presents a framework to investigate relation among twenty-one interestingness measures on synthesized patterns (A → B), using all combinations of the six probabilities P(A, B), P(A, ¬B), P(¬A, B), P(¬A, ¬B), P(A) and, P(B) with a fixed number of occurrences. The partial order of interestingness measures is compared to that of another measure in order to characterize their similarity. The result shows 75 interrelation patterns of probabilities. An association rule mining is used to analyzed to describe for understanding their common and distinct properties.
KeywordsAssociation rules Interestingness measurement Synthesized patterns Trend analysis
This work has been supported by Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Imielinski, T., Swami, A.: Mining association rules between sets of items in large databases. In: ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, Washington DC, pp. 207–216 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Tan, P.N., Kumar, V., Srivastava, J.: Selecting the right interestingness measure for association patterns. In: The Eighth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Edmonton, Alberta, pp. 32–41 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Huynh, X.H., Guillet. F., Briand, H.: Discovering the stable clusters between interestingness measures. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems: Databases and Information Systems Integration, pp 196–201 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Ohsaki, M., Kitaguchi, S., Okamoto, K., Yokoi, H., Yamaguchi, T.: Evaluation of rule interestingness measures with a clinical dataset on hepatitis. In: Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (LNAI 3203), pp 362–373 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Somyanonthanakul, R., Theeramunkong, T.: An Investigation of Objective Interestingness Measures for Association Rule Mining. In: Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence. pp. 472–481. Springer International Publishing (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Kannan, S., Bhaskaran, R.: Association rule pruning based on interestingness measures with clustering. Int. J. Comput. Sci. 6(1), 35–45 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Witten, I., Eibe, F.: Data mining: practical machine learning tools with JavaGoogle Scholar