Mexico’s Healthy Food: Using Innovation to Create Commercial Ties with Suppliers
The southern region of the State of Mexico is characterized as having great agricultural potential; however, there are practices that do not allow the standardization of production processes, which leads to a commercial problem between farmers and intermediaries. Obsolete practices, in addition to causing conflicting relationships, lead to the supply of products with low quality standards and an undetermined quantity of product. Despite these setbacks, Mexican entrepreneurs engaged in buying and selling agricultural products continue to invest in this sector. “Mexico’s Healthy Food”, a fruit and vegetable company, presents one of its greatest challenges in the face of the possibility of acquiring new North American investors. While confronting this task, Mariana Mendoza, its commercial manager, must solve a logistics and supply problem that has been the-problem-to-solve during recent years.
KeywordsNew business model Processes Logistics Partners professionalization Supply chain
- World Development Indicators Database. (2016a). Country Profile. Retrieved: February 16, 2018 from World Bank Web: http://databank.worldbank.org/data/Views/Reports/ReportWidgetCustom.aspx?Report_Name=CountryProfile&Id=b450fd57&tbar=y&dd=y&inf=n&zm=n&country=USA February, 16, 2018.
- World Development Indicators database. (2016b). Country Profile. Retrieved: February 16, 2018 from World Bank web: http://databank.worldbank.org/data/views/reports/reportwidget.aspx?Report_Name=CountryProfile&Id=b450fd57&tbar=y&dd=y&inf=n&zm=n&country=Mexico
- Coordinación General de Asuntos Internacionales. (2016). Balanza Comercial Agroalimentaria. Retrieved: February 20, 2018 from SAGARPA web: http://www.sagarpa.gob.mx/quienesomos/datosabiertos/sagarpa/Documents/2016_08_18_Balanza_Agroalimentaria_enero_junio_EU.pdf
- SAT, SE, BANXICO, INEGI. (2017). Balanza Comercial de Mercancías de México. August 10, 2017. El Sistema Nacional de Información Estadística y Geográfica (SNIEG) Database.Google Scholar
- United States Census Bureau. (2015). The Hispanic Population in the United States: 2014. Retrieved: April 09, 2018 from the United States Census Bureau web: https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2014/demo/hispanic-origin/2014-cps.html