Novel Way to Design the 3D Printing Path and Its Applications
The conventional 3D printing process is restricted by the G-Code that is generated by the slicer software. Thus the external structural shape of 3D model is reproduced well but the internal structure is difficult to edit directly. The internal structure has a potential to control the printed model’s physical characteristic. We developed the G-code editing script, Fabrix, for making a more functional printed object with both single and multiple material. The model that has the different stiffness portion was realized by the control of internal printed material overlapping angle. In addition the reflection coefficient of printed object was also controlled by the internal structure. These results show our novel G-Code designing method can provide more creative and functional 3D printing techniques.
Keywords3D printing G-Code FDM Sport gears
- 2.Ion, A., Frohnhofen, J., Wall, L., Kovacs, R., Alistar, M., Lindsay, J., Lopes, P., Chen, H., Baudisch, P.: Metamaterial Mechanisms. In: Proceedings of UIST 2016 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, D., Lee, J., Romo, A.: Possion’s ratio material distributions. In: Proceeding of CAADRIA 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Stratasys Ltd, home page, 28 November 2018. http://www.stratasys.com/
- 5.Michelin TWEEL Technology, 28 November 2018. http://www.michelintweel.com/
- 6.Michelin Vision Concept Tire, 28 November 2018. http://michelinmedia.com/michelin-vision-concept-tire/