A Uniform Approach for the Comparison of Opposition-Based Learning
Although remarkable progress has been made in the application of opposition-based learning in recent years, the complete theoretical comparison is seldom reported. In this paper, an evaluation function of opposition strategy is defined and then a uniform evaluation approach to compute the mean minimum Euclidean distance to the optimal solution is proposed for one dimensional case. Thus different opposition strategies can be compared easily by means of the mathematical expectation of these evaluation functions. Theoretical analysis and simulation experiments can support each other, and also show the effectiveness of this method for sampling problems.
KeywordsOpposition-Based learning Performance comparison Evaluation function Uniform approach
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61305083 and 61603404), Shaanxi Science and Technology Project (No. 2017CG-022) and Xi’an Science and Research Project (No. 2017080CG/RC043).
- 1.Bernoulli, J.: Ars conjectandi (The art of conjecture). Impensis Thurnisiorum, Basel, Switzerland (1713)Google Scholar
- 3.Tizhoosh, R.: Opposition-based learning: a new scheme for machine intelligence. In: International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling, Control and Automation, and International Conference on Intelligent Agents, Web Technologies and Internet Commerce, Vienna, Austria, pp. 695–701 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Rahnamayan, S., Tizhoosh, H.R., Salama, M.M.A.: Quasi-oppositional differential evolution. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Singapore, pp. 2229–2236 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Ergezer, M., Simon, D., Du, D.W.: Oppositional biogeography-based optimization. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, San Antonio, USA, pp. 1009–1014 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Rahnamayan, S., Wang, G.G.: Center-based sampling for population-based algorithms. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 933–938. Trondheim, Norway (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, H., Wu, Z.J., Liu, Y., Wang, J., Jiang, D.Z., Chen, L.L.: Space transformation search: a new evolutionary technique. In: ACM/SIGEVO Summit on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, Shanghai, China, pp. 537–544 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Xu, Q.Z., Wang, L., He, B.M., Wang, N.: Modified opposition-based differential evolution for function optimization. J. Comput. Inf. Syst. 7(5), 1582–1591 (2011)Google Scholar