A Deep Learning Model for Predicting Movie Box Office Based on Deep Belief Network
For the limitation that Chinese movie box office forecasting accuracy is not high in the long-term prediction research, based on the research of the Chinese movie market, this paper proposes a long-term prediction model for movie box office based on the deep belief network. The new model improved the movie box office influence model of Barry, screened out the effective box office impact factor, normalized the quantitative factor and formed a measurement system which is suitable for the Chinese movie market. Based on this measurement system, the characteristics of the data set in the original space are transferred to the space with semantic features and a hierarchical feature representation by deep learning, thus the accuracy of box office prediction was improved. Experimental evaluation results show that, in view of the 439 movie data, the DBN prediction model of movie box office has better prediction performance, and has good application value in the field of film box office.
KeywordsDeep learning Movie box office prediction Deep belief network
- 1.Asheim, L.: Hollywood looks at its audience: a report of film audience research. J. Mark. Res. 20(4), 453 (1951)Google Scholar
- 4.Barman, D., Chowdhury, N., Singha, R.K.: To predict possible profit/loss of a movie to be launched using MLP with back-propagation learning. In: International Conference on Communications, Devices and Intelligent Systems, pp. 322–325. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Zheng, J., Zhou, S.: Modeling on box-office revenue prediction of movie based on neural network. J. Comput. Appl. 34(3), 742–748 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Henry, M., Sharda, R.: Using neural networks to forecast box office success (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Glorot, X., Bordes, A., Bengio, Y.: Deep sparse rectifier neural networks. In: JMLR W&CP (2011)Google Scholar