Image Filtering Enhancement
With the development of science and technology, mankind has entered the information age. Image has become the main source of human access to information. However, in the actual process of image signal transmission, the loss and damage of data packet are inevitable due to the physical defects of the channel, which lead to a serious decline in the quality of the video stream. So it is necessary and even urgent now to do some research work on image enhancement technology. In this paper, the image enhancement algorithms that are commonly used, such as bilateral filtering algorithm, homomorphic filtering algorithm, are analyzed in image processing. In the design of the image enhancement, the best modeling and design schemes are chosen according to the comparison. The experimental results demonstrate that the bilateral filtering algorithm can effectively maintain the details of the image edges and make the image more smooth; the homomorphic filtering algorithm can effectively adjust the image gray range, so that the image details on the image area can be increased, and the algorithm can handle the image with inhomogeneous intensity. This work will lay a good foundation of further research.
KeywordsImage enhancement Homomorphic filtering Bilateral filtering
This research work is supported by the grant of Guangxi science and technology development project (No: AC16380124), the grant of Guangxi Science Foundation (No:2017GXNSFAA198226),the grant of Guangxi Key Laboratory of Cryptography & Information Security of Guilin University of Electronic Technology (No: GCIS201604), the grant of Guangxi Colleges and Universities Key Laboratory of Intelligent Processing of Computer Images and Graphics of Guilin University of Electronic Technology (No:GIIP201602), and the grant of Innovation Project of GUET Graduate Education (2017YJCX55).Guangxi Key Laboratory of Trusted Software (No kx201601), Guangxi Cooperative Innovation Center of cloud computing and Big Data, Guangxi Colleges and Universities Key Laboratory of cloud computing and complex systems (No YD16E11), Guangxi Key Laboratory of cryptography and information security (GCIS201601, GCIS201602, GCIS201603).
- 1.Xiaochen, W.: Research on Image Quality Evaluation Based on Machine Learning. Tianjin University (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Daoqing, S.: Image enhancement algorithm research. Wuhan University of Science and Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Chuxia, C.: Image filtering and edge detection and enhancement of technology of HeFei University of Technology (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.ZhiQun, Z., Li, C.: Application of retinex algorithm in satellite remote sensing image enhancement. J. Laser J. 37(10), 106–110 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Junfeng, L.: Fast realization of bilateral filtering algorithm and its application in image processing. Southern Medical University (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Rong, W.: Image enhancement algorithm. Yangtze University (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Elad, M.: On the origin of the bilateral filter and ways to improve it. IEEE Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Chun-ning, C., Yan-jie, W.: enhancement of image contrast by homomorphic filtering in frequency domain. J. Microcomput. Inf. 06, 264–266 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Lin, M., Ning, Y.: An analysis of digital image enhancement algorithm. J. Transp. Sci. Technol. 13(01), 122–125 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Bo, W.: Application of filtering algorithm in image enhancement. Comput. Simul. 30(03), 364–367 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Chunxiang, L., Hongtong, L.: Real-time image enhancement algorithm. Chin. Opt. Appl. Opt. 2(05), 395–401 (2009)Google Scholar