Arrhythmia Induction During Transesophageal Electrophysiological Study
- 313 Downloads
Electrophysiologic studies are a series of invasive diagnostic procedures performed in a dedicated electrophysiology suite or laboratory. The main purposes of these studies are to establish the presence of various forms of arrhythmias and to establish baseline information in patients receiving or due to undergo pharmacologic, electrical, or ablative treatment for arrhythmias and as workup for various electrophysiologic causes of complaints such as syncope, near syncope, and cardiac arrest. Such studies may also be undertaken in children with various forms of congenital heart disease before and after they have undergone reparative surgery. With this, EP studies remain an indispensable part of today’s modern heart institutes and continue to remain a field of rapid advancement and refinement.
- 1.Guidelines for Clinical Intracardiac Electrophysiologic Studies. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Assessment of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiovascular Procedures (Subcommittee to Assess Clinical Intracardiac Electrophysiologic Studies). Circulation. 1989;80:1925–39.Google Scholar
- 2.Zipes DP, Dimarco JP, Gillette PC, Jackman WM, Myerburg RJ, Rahimtoola SH, Ritchie JL, Cheitlin MD, Garson A, Gibbons RJ, Lewis RP, O’Rourke RA, Ryan TJ, Schlant RC. Guidelines for clinical intracardiac electrophysiological and catheter ablation procedures. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995;26:555–73.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Pehrson SM, Blomstrom-Lundqvist C, Ljungstrom E, Blomstrom P. Clinical value of transesophageal atrial stimulation and recording in patients with arrhythmia-related symptoms or documented supraventricular tachycardia correlation to clinical history and invasive studies. Clin Cardiol. 1994;17:528–34.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.FIAB. Tranesophageal and diagnostic pacing leads specifications. http://www.fiab.it/en/prodotti.php?id=36.
- 19.Jenkins JM, Arzbaecher R. Chapter 14: esophageal electrocardiography. In: Liebman J, Plonsey R, Rudy Y, editors. Pediatric and fundamental electrocardiography. New York: Springer; 1987.Google Scholar
- 24.Brembilla-Perrot B, Olivier A, Girerd N, Manenti V, Sellal JM, Rizk J, Villemin T. 0019: significance of atrial fibrillation/tachycardia induced by esophageal stimulation. Arch Cardiovasc Dis Suppl. 2015;7:72.Google Scholar