Visual Analysis for Overcoming Population Decline and Vitalizing Local Economy in Japan
This study describes visual analysis to understand and comprehend the strategies in local governments. The Japanese government established Headquarters for Overcoming Population Decline and Vitalizing Local Economy to solve population and economic decline. On the basis of the comprehensive strategy from the headquarters, each local government also formulates original strategies. This study analyzes two networks, namely, word and government networks, generated by their strategic statements. By analyzing these networks, we understand that each local government adopts a similar strategy based on marriage, emigration, health, medical care, and so on.
KeywordsVisualization Graph integration Graph drawing Co-occurrence network
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI (grant nos. 16K01250 and 25420448).
- 1.Comprehensive Strategy of Overcoming Population Decline and Vitalizing Local Economy in Japan, March 2017. http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/singi/sousei/info/pdf/20141227siryou5.pdf
- 2.Meeting of the Council on Overcoming Population Decline and Vitalizing Local Economy in Japan, February 2017. http://japan.kantei.go.jp/96_abe/actions/201410/10article2.html
- 4.Graphviz – Graph Visualization Software, February 2017. http://www.graphviz.org/
- 5.Comprehensive strategy in Higashi Yoshino City, February 2017. http://www.city.kitakyushu.lg.jp/soumu/28500005.html
- 6.Comprehensive strategy in Shimanto City, February 2017. http://www.city.shimanto.lg.jp/gyosei/creation/doc/file02-03.pdf
- 7.Comprehensive strategy in Miyoshi City, February 2017. https://www.miyoshi.i-tokushma.jp/docs/4885.html