A Design for a Public Transport Information Service in China
This paper presents the initiative design research and projects of developing a public transport information service in China based on big data analysis technology and ubiquitous computing. Follow the blooming of information technology; Artificial Intelligence begins to intervene deeply into people’s ordinary life in China. The cities need new design to solve urbanization issue, improve the well being of its citizens. In this paper, we put the emphasis on the introduction of our information model and the information service system. The information service model will create new design thinking and opportunities for solving the complicated urban problem. We design a public transport information service system that includes Tidal-waiting line, Dynamic station board, APP called “TravelMate” and so on. The public transport information service design project based on the information service model is showed as examples, and hope to provide a new framework for the further design research in urban media design.
KeywordsInformation service Public transport Smart cities and public service design
Many thanks to my students Wang Cong, Ding Mu Rong, Fu Sheng Wu, Jang Yu Shan, Zhang Zi Qi, Sun Hao Yue, members of the project. Their works are very essential for the paper.
- 1.Ran, Z.F.: Service Design Research of Information Service Interface in Public Transportation. 1994–2017 China Academic Journal Electronic Publishing HouseGoogle Scholar
- 2.Fei, H.F.: The Research on Application of Experience Design for City Bus Station. 1994–2017 China Academic Journal Electronic Publishing HouseGoogle Scholar
- 3.Nan, S.: Research on humanized design of modern bus platform. J. Nanyang Normal Univ. 16(9), 51–53 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Bin, Q.L., Feng, H.C., Yu, D.: The cloud platform of smart bus travel based on big data. New Technology and New Products of China, no. 12, p. 25 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Sen, L.H., Bei, Y., Zi, C.X.: On design of innovation structure of bus station of guanggu square in Wuhan. Idea and Design, pp. 48–52Google Scholar
- 6.Farkas, K., Fehér, G., Benczúr, A., Sidló́, C.: Crowdsensing based public transport information service in smart cities. Infocommun. J. VI, 13–20 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Tang, F., Li, M., Guo, M.: Shanghai grid and intelligent urban traffic applications. In: Asian Technology Information Program (ATIP) 3rd China HPC Workshop SC07 Conference, Reno, Nevada, 11 November 2007Google Scholar
- 9.Graells, E., Saez, D.: A day of your days: estimating individual daily journeys using mobile data to understand urban flow. In: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on IoT in Urban Space, Urb-IoT 2016, pp. 1–7 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, S.-M., Huang, C.-J.: User experience analysis on urban interaction and information service in smart city nodes. In: Chinese CHI 2014, pp. 103–109, April 2014Google Scholar