Nuclear Medicine in Renal Disorders
- 1.Which renal disorder can be studied by nuclear medicine techniques?
All of the above
- 2.Renal scintigraphy is performed with 99mTc-DTPA and 99mTc-DMSA. The 99mTc-DTPA scan is unremarkable, but a poor uptake in the kidneys is reported on the 99mTc-DMSA scan. What is the most probable diagnosis?
Chronic renal failure
Acute renal failure
- 1.Ahmadzadehfar H, Biersack HJ, Freeman LM, Zuckier L. Clinical nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. Berlin: Springer; 2018.Google Scholar
- 2.Ell PJ, Gambhir SS. Nuclear medicine in clinical diagnosis and treatment. 3rd ed. Edinburgh, NY: Churchill Livingstone; 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Sandler MP, Coleman RE, Patton JA, Wackers FJT, Gottschalk A. Diagnostic nuclear medicine. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott & Williams Wilkins; 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.Henkin RE. Nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Mosby Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018