Visualization of Network Security Data by Haptic
Antivirus software technology is a security technology for analysis of networks and detection of information leakage and virus software. Computers are designed to process the detected viruses in the background. Here we report our design, construction, and investigation of a prototype system to sense virus-induced traffic anomalies in a network and react haptically, as a form of haptic visualization security technology that can provide physical experience of anomalies generated when viruses occur, in training beginners, as well as other applications.
KeywordsHaptic device Antivirus software Visualization technologies
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 17K00504.
- 1.Kaneko, H.: Integrated analysis malware from geographic visualization. In: Proceedings of the Computer Symposium 2011 (2011). Inf. Process. Soc. Jpn. 2011(3), 179–184 (2011). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.NICT: NIRVANA KAI. http://www.nict.go.jp/cyber/research.html, October 2017
- 3.Yamada, R., Tobe, K., Goto, S.: Discriminating malicious packets using TTL in the IP header. IEICE Technical report, vol. 111, no. 469, pp. 235–240, March 2012. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Weber, E.H., Ross, H.E., Murray D.J.: Trans.: De subtilitate tactu, pp. 19–135. Academic Press for Experimental Psychology Society (1834/1978)Google Scholar
- 5.Weinstein, S., Kenshalo, D.R.: Intensive and extensive aspects of tactile sensitivity as function of body part, sex, and laterality, pp. 195–222 (1968)Google Scholar
- 6.Okamoto, Y.: Keiryou Shinrigaku. Baifukan Press, Tokyo (2006). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Inami, M., Kuriyama, T., Abee, M.: Motion and color(3). Dep. Bull. Pap. Shimane Univ. 28(3), 35–50 (1994). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 9.Saaty, T.L.: The Analytic Hierarchy Process, pp. 17–21. McGraw Hill, New York City (1980)Google Scholar
- 11.Harada, H., Rahok., S.A., Suzuki, S., Ishihara, M.: Experiment of representing roughness with haptic devices: In: JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (Robomec) 2015, 2A2-X04(1-2) (2015). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 12.Nakajima, A., Shigematsu, K., Mizutani, M., Takeda, K., Murai, J.: Implementation of network sonification system. In: Proceedings of the National Conference on Information Processing Society of Japan, pp. 485–486 (2011). (in Japanese)Google Scholar