Research on Ergonomics Design of the Height and Operation Force for Furniture Lockset
This study investigated the comfortable lockset height and the suitable force to open it. The experiment was designed and carried out with 14 participants. The data were measured by varied experimental tools. The factors that influence the comfort of lockset height such as the angle and body dimensions were analyzed. The results showed that the preferred/comfortable lockset height was below shoulder in 60 cm. The differences between male and female on comfortable force and maximum force were found. The capacity difference between male and male were significant, but the perception in comfort was almost unanimous. According to Chinese anthropometry data and ergonomics knowledge, the comfortable lockset height and the comfortable opening force were recommended.
KeywordsLockset Height Force Torques Anthropometry Ergonomics
This research is supported by 2017 National Quality Infrastructure (2017NQI) project study on the key technology and standard for human-centred design and product user experience (2017YFF0206603) and China National Institute of Standardization through the “special funds for the basic R&D undertakings by welfare research institutions” (522017Y-5278, 522016Y-4679, and 522015Y-3992).
- 1.Tunay, M., Melemez, K.: An analysis of biomechanical and anthropometric parameters on classroom furniture design. Afr. J. Biotechnol. 7(8), 1081–1086 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Deros, B.M., Mohamad, D., Ismail, A.R., et al.: Application of malaysian anthropometric data in home furniture design (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Hrovatin, J., Prekrat, S., Oblak, L., Ravnik, D.: Ergonomic suitability of kitchen furniture regarding height accessibility. Coll. Antropol. 39(1), 185 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Ai-ping, Y., Xin, Z., Guang, C., et al.: Ergonomics Simulation of Furniture Structure Based on VICON and JACK. J. Ind. Eng. Manage. 18(2), 136–140 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Chun-zhi, W., Qin, S.: A study of data statistical processing method of delphi method and its application. J. Inner Mongolia Univ. Financ. Econ. 09(4), 92–96 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.GB 1000-88. Human dimensions of Chinese adultsGoogle Scholar
- 8.QB/T 1621-2015. Furniture lockGoogle Scholar