A Study on the Differences of Male Youth Physical Characteristics Between South China and Northwest China
Many countries have established their own type database corresponding to the their country human body, and will regularly measure the specific size of the human body size. In particular, the differences in eating habits, environment, climate and other reasons will lead to a certain difference between people in various regions in China, with a vast territory and a huge population. Therefore, it is particularly urgent to do a physical characteristic survey on young people (this only for male youth as a research object).
The research objects are young men in southern China and the northwest. Firstly, questionnaires were used as a analyze survey in modern clothing market. The questionnaires collected the problems existing in the clothing market of the two regions both in the South China and the northwest, and analyzed the problems existing in the clothing market. It is a necessary step to interview the young men about the feeling when purchasing clothing in the South China and Northwest China. Later on the clothing design, designers can give a more special set and design in the non-fit parts. Secondly, selecting randomly 120 representative young men from South China or the northwest as objects to carry out body size measurement.
First, it provides a scientific and accurate theoretical basis for the prototype structure of clothes in different regions of China by the research and analysis of young men’s the specific body differences in South China and Northwest China. Second, through a series of data analysis, the general trend and the regional difference of the characteristics of the young men in South China and Northwest China were obtained, which provided data for the establishment of regional database.
KeywordsMale youth Region Body measurement Body difference Clothing
- 1.Machiko, M., Rong, Z., Hao, Z.: Costume Modeling. China Textile Press, Beijing (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Shao, X.: Human Measurement Manual, pp. 264–300. Shanghai Dictionary Press, Shanghai (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Wan, X., Li, Q., Xu, F.: The application of Heath-Carter body type method. Med. Inf., 29(36) (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.The State administration of quality Supervision, inspection and quarantine of the PRC. The People’s Republic of China’s national standard clothing size men: clothing size men. China Standard Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Cui, J., Zhu, Q.: Study on the differences between male youth and other regions in western Guangdong. National College Track and Field Research Paper Reports (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Pan, J.: Costume Ergonomics and Costume Design. China Light Industry Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, R.K., Wu, X.Z., Zhang, Z.B.: Methods of Anthropometry, pp. 102–120. Science Publishing Company (1984). (in China)Google Scholar
- 8.Carter, J.E.L., Heath, B.H.: Somatotyping: Development and Applications, pp. 373–387. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1990)Google Scholar