Mapping System Between Passenger Experience and the Factors of Aircraft Cabin Design
Nowadays, passenger comfort experience plays an increasingly important role in the design of aircraft. In order to further improve passengers’ experience, systematical evaluation of the cabin of aircrafts is critical. And it’s also the focus of airlines and aircraft manufacturers to promote their competitiveness to attract more customers.
In this paper, our target is quantitatively mapping influencing factors to the passenger comfort experience. Based on the factor model for passenger experience in the aircraft cabin design, which was presented in the previous research, we study the weight of influencing factors through expert interview. Then, we map each influencing factor to the passenger comfort experience using four kinds of methods: literature researching, questionnaire, experiment in the aircraft prototype and experiment with real size projection.
By weighting the relation function between the factor and the passenger experience, we obtain the whole quantitative mapping system. Also, we extended the system to an evaluation platform, which can quantitatively evaluate the comfort experience of aircraft cabin design.
KeywordsMapping system Passenger experience Influencing factors Evaluation platform
This paper is sponsored by Shanghai Jiao Tong University Interdisciplinary among Humanity, Social Science and Natural Science Fund (13JCY02).
- 3.Richards, L.G.: On the psychology of passenger comfort. In: Oborne, D.J., LevisHuman, J.A. (eds.) Factors in Transport Research, vol. 2, pp. 15–23. Academic Press, London (1980)Google Scholar
- 4.Kremser, F., Guenzkofer, F., Sedlmeier, C., Sabbah, O., Bengler, K.: Aircraft seating comfort: the influence of seat pitch on passengers’ well-being. Work 41(Suppl. 1), 4936–4942 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Ciaccia, F.R., Sznelwar, L.I.: An approach to aircraft seat comfort using interface pressure mapping. Work 41(Suppl. 1), 240–245 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Han, T., Ren, S., Tao, X.: Factor model for passenger experience in the aircraft cabin design, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd. (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Ai, L.: Evaluation of space comfort for civil aircraft cabin. China Sci. Technol. Inf. (13), 97–98 (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.A summary report of the design detail of the equipment and decoration of aircraft, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd. (2017)Google Scholar