Study on Innovative Design of Urban Intelligent Lighting Appliance (UILA) Based on Kansei Engineering
Urban Intelligent Lighting Appliance (UILA) is a technological terminal device of smart city, which is a energy-saving lighting based on urban street LED lamp and achieves the functions of smart city in the environment of big data, including intelligent control, energy-saving lighting, charging of electrical vehicles, information distribution and exchange, intelligent transportation, WIFI, environmental monitoring, audio broadcasting, asking for help with one key and so on.
Kansei engineering aims at the development or improvement of products and services by translating the customer’s psychological feelings and needs into the domain of product design, so It’s essential to research innovative design of UILA based on kansei engineering.
The purpose of this research is to clarify a method to construct a support system capable of UILA modeling elements that fit the customer’s Kansei, and to verify the effectiveness of this method based on Kansei engineering, for the selection of recommended design samples. To accomplish this, this paper analyse the necessity of Kansei engineering applied in the innovative design of UILA and put forward the framework of UILA innovative design based on Kansei engineering of forward quantitative inference. Then it discussed how to build the relationship between emotional images and UILA modeling elements in detail by means of the innovative design of UILA shaping, which will provide a basis for guiding UILA styling innovation and design effect evaluation. In the end, it pointed out that the expansion of applications of Kansei engineering in the field UILA products design have broad prospects and can better meet the users’perceptual needs.
KeywordsKansei engineering Urban Intelligent Lighting Appliance (UILA) Innovative design Perceptual demand
This research was supported by master studio project of regional characteristic product research and development for “the belt and road initiatives” supported by Shanghai summit discipline in design (Granted No. DC17013).
- 1.Ye, J., Cheng, J., Yang, C., Zhang, Z., Yang, X., Yao, L.: Research on the construction of the hierarchical classification model of the urban intelligent lighting appliance (UILA) based on user needs. In: Karwowski, W., Ahram, T. (eds.) IHSI 2018. AISC, vol. 722, pp. 315–320. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73888-8_49CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Ye, J., Cheng, J., Yang, C., et al.: Construction and application of functional requirement model of the urban intelligent lighting appliance (UILA) based on the users’ need. In: Advances in Transdisciplinary Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 925–993 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, G., Huang, Y., Yang, T.: A new perspective of smart city: building the internet of things based on streetlight. Urban. Dev. Stud. 20(11), 4–7 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Elejoste, P., et al.: Easily deployable streetlight intelligent control system based on wireless communication. In: Bravo, J., López-de-Ipiña, D., Moya, F. (eds.) UCAmI 2012. LNCS, vol. 7656, pp. 334–337. Springer, Heidelberg (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-35377-2_46CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Nagamachi, M.: Kansei Engineering and Methodology, pp. 93–99. Kansei Engineering Committee, Tokyo (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, M.: Kansei Engineering. Shanghai Scientific & Technical Publishers, Shanghai (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Fan, Y.: Research on the product form image design system based on Kansei engineering and neural network. Lanzhou University of Technology, Lanzhou (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, Z., Huang, K.: Study on innovative design of furniture shaping based on Kansei engineering. J. Cent. South For. Univ. 32(11), 195–199 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, F.: Research on the prediction of potential accidents of the ordinary arterial highway in mountain area based on the quantification theory. Chang’an University (2016)Google Scholar