Head Pain in Pediatrics
John is a 12-year-old otherwise healthy white male who is brought in by his mother. She is concerned with a history of intermittent changes in his vision as well as complaints that he is often fatigued, complaining of neck stiffness, poor sleep, and irritability. She has been going through a divorce and is concerned he is making this up to get attention.
KeywordsPediatric migraines Stress Sleep hygiene Cognitive behavioral therapy Headache management Acetaminophen NSAIDs
- 10.Olesen J, Goadsby PJ, Ramadan NM, Tfelt-Hansen P, Welch M. The headaches. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006.Google Scholar
- 15.Zee P. The normal duration of daily sleep for different age groups. Medscape. 2017.Google Scholar
- 16.Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. The international classification of headache disorders: 2nd edition. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl 1):9–160.Google Scholar
- 17.International Headache Society Classification ICHD-II. March 23, 2012.Google Scholar
- 18.Lexicomp online pharmacology database.Google Scholar