Improve Your Responsiveness with Operational Planning
We have seen that operational planning was introduced in the companies when monthly tactical S&OP process was not granular enough to solve demand-supply-finance imbalances driven by product type, brand, channel, and sales area. Operational planning has a short-term horizon focus and an objective to extract the best value from available assets. Let us see how we may understand operational planning.
- Cecere, L. (2013). A practitioner’s guide to demand planning. Supply Chain Management Review, 14(2), 40–46. http://www.supplychain247.com/article/a_practitioners_guide_to_demand_planning.Google Scholar
- Chase, C. W. (2009). Demand-driven forecasting: A structured approach to forecasting. Wiley. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=iVIbAAAAQBAJ&pgis=1.
- Debra Smith, C. S. (2016). Demand driven performance using smart metrics. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Griswold, M. (2012). Best practices in demand planning: Helping retailers learn from other industries. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Payne, T. (2016, September). Digital business requires algorithmic supply chain planning. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Salley, A., Steutermann, S., & Johnson, J. (2016). Five tenets of demand management are foundational to supply chain transformation. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Simchi, L. (1999). Designing and managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies, and case studies. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2012). Defining demand-planning excellence in consumer products: Structure, talent and technology. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2016a). Defining demand-planning excellence in consumer products: Structure, talent and technology. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Titze, C., & Krasojevic, V. (2012). European SC leaders – What does it really mean to sense and shape demand. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Tohamy, N. (2012). A broader span for demand sensing and demand shaping across industries and time horizons. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Tohamy, N., Johnson, A., & Davis, M. (2010, October). Demand sensing and shaping narrow the chasm between commercial and supply chain strategies and goals. Gartner.Google Scholar