Somatic Embryogenesis and Somatic Embryo Cryopreservation of the Tree-Fern Cyathea Delgadii Sternb.
Cyathea delgadii Sternb. belongs to the Cyathea clade of the genus Cyathea, family Cyatheaceae, also known as Scaly Tree-Ferns. It is one of the many evergreen, non-seasonal tree-fern species from Central and South America, which grow in gallery, montane, cloud and rain forests, as well as in open locations and along paths in Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Columbia, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil.
- Domżalska L, Kędracka-Krok S, Jankowska U et al (2017) Proteomic analysis of stipe explants reveals differentially expressed proteins involved in early direct somatic embryogenesis of the tree fern Cyathea delgadii Sternb. Plant Sci 258:61–76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plantsci.2017.01.017CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Large MF, Braggins JE (2004) Tree Ferns. Timber PressGoogle Scholar
- Mikuła A, Makowski D, Walters C, Rybczyński JJ (2011) Exploration of cryo-methods to preserve tree and herbaceous fern gametophytes. In: Fernández H, Kumar A, Revilla A (eds) Working with ferns: issues and applications. Springer, New York, pp 173–192. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-7162-3_13Google Scholar
- Mikuła A, Pożoga M, Grzyb M, Rybczyński JJ (2015a) An unique system of somatic embryogenesis in the tree fern Cyathea delgadii Sternb.: the importance of explant type, and physical and chemical factors. Plant Cell Tiss Org Cult 123:467–478. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11240-015-0850-zCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vital DM, Prado J (2006) Moss and liverwort epiphytes on trunks of Cyathea delgadii in a fragment of tropical rain forest, São Paulo State, Brazil. Trop Bryol 27:51–54Google Scholar