International Students in China: A Dream Come True?
In this chapter, the editors problematize the topic of the volume by examining official discourses, examples of students’ narratives and recent research on international students in China. They note the lack of substantial research on the topic, especially in relation to interculturality—a central them for study abroad. The chapter ends with a presentation of the chapters composing the volume.
- CUCAS. (2016). Study in China. Available at: www.cucas.edu.cn/
- Guo, L. (2016). Success strategies for international students in China. In L. N. Wood & Y. A. Breyer (Eds.), Success in higher education (pp. 131–148). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- He, J.-J., & Chiang, S.-Y. (2016). Challenges to English-medium instruction (EMI) for international students in China: A learners’ perspective: English-medium education aims to accommodate international students into Chinese universities, but how well is it working? English Today, 32(4), 63–67.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hu, C., Min Wotipka, C., & Wen, W. (2016). International students in Chinese higher education: Choices, expectations, and experiences by region of origin. In K. Bista & C. Foster (Eds.), Global perspectives and local challenges surrounding international student mobility (pp. 153–178). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kirkby, R. (2016). Intruder in Mao’s Realm: An Englishman’s eyewitness account of 1970s China. Hong Kong, China: Earnshaw Books.Google Scholar
- McAloon, P. (2014). Studying in China. A practical handbook for students. Clarendon, TX: Tuttle Publishing.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education in China (MOE). (2016). Information about international students in China. Retrieved January 16, 2017. http://www.moe.edu.cn/was5/web/search?channelid=255182
- student.com. (2016). Record number of students choosing China to study. Available at https://www.student.com/articles/record-number-students-choosing-china-study/
- Yang, R. (2015). China’s soft power projection in higher education. International Higher Education, 45, 25–26.Google Scholar