Contact Quality Aware Routing for Satellite-Terrestrial Delay Tolerant Network
In space delay tolerant network (DTN), the absence of adequate nodes makes the communication opportunities precious. If the messages are transmitted using a path which exists high bit error, it can increase the delivery delay and reduce the delivery ratio. Therefore, how to distinguish the contact quality and select a path with little bit error is crucial to improve the network performance. In this paper, we propose a contact quality aware routing which operates cooperatively with Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP). We use the processing signals in LTP to reflect the contact quality. Further more, we propose a contact quality based forwarding scheme to select a path which exists little bit error. The enhancements are verified using a test-bed with 15 simulation nodes. The experiments show that the proposed schemes can reduce the delivery delay, increase the delivery ratio and improve the throughput.
KeywordsSpace delay tolerant network LTP Contact quality aware routing
This work was supported in part by NSAF of China under Grant No. U1530118, National Basic Research Program of China (973 program) under Grant No. 2013CB329101, and National High Technology of China (863 program) under Grant No. 2015AA015702.
- 2.Kruse, H., Ostermann, S.: UDP convergence layers for the DTN bundle and LTP protocols. IETF Draft (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Bezirgiannidis, N., Tsaoussidis, V.: Packet size and DTN transport service: evaluation on a DTN testbed. In: International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems, pp. 1198–1205, October 2010Google Scholar
- 9.Feng, B., Zhou, H., Li, G., Li, H., Yu, S.: SAT-GRD: an ID/Loc split network architecture interconnecting satellite and ground networks. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1–6, May 2016Google Scholar
- 10.Jiasheng, W.: Proposal for developing China’s data relay satellite system. Spacecraft Eng. 2, 002 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Satellite tool kit (STK) (2015). http://www.agi.com/products/stk/
- 12.Interplanetary overlay network (ION) (2015). https://sourceforge.net/projects/ion-dtn/