Online Advertising: Creating a Relationship Between Businesses and Consumers
The purpose of this paper is to provide a review of creating a relationship between businesses and consumers. The paper addresses the advantages, issues, and current trends of online marketing. The findings reveal that some of the most common mediums to make connections with consumers are email, social media, and mobile advertising. In this article, the authors formulate the e-marketing strategies to build and maintain relationship with consumers in response to the current development of online marketing.
KeywordsOnline advertising Social media Consumer relationships Mobile advertising
- Chris, L. (2017, January 30). Five of the biggest challenges facing online marketing. Retrieved November 25, 2017, from https://www.webstrategiesinc.com/blog/five-biggest-challenges-facing-online-marketing.
- Council, F. C. (2016, November 28). Establishing an emotional connection with customers? Here’s how to adjust your strategy. Retrieved November 21, 2017, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2016/11/28/establishing-an-emotional-connection-with-customers-heres-how-to-adjust-your-strategy/#516ffe566c9a.
- Dave, C. (2017, April 15). Digital marketing trends for 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017, from https://www.smartinsights.com/managing-digital-marketing/marketing-innovation/digital-marketing-trends-2016-2017/.
- Facebook. (2017). Retrieved November 22, 2017, from https://www.facebook.com/help/475643069256244?helpref=uf_permalink.
- Kapferer, J. N. (2012). The new strategic brand management: Advanced insights and strategic thinking. London: Kogan Page.Google Scholar
- Kroger Launches Digital Coupon Center. (2010, July 22). Retrieved November 25, 2017, from https://progressivegrocer.com/kroger-launches-digital-coupon-center.
- Meola, A. (2016, December 21). The rise of M-commerce: Mobile shopping stats & trends. Retrieved November 22, 2017, from http://www.businessinsider.com/mobile-commerce-shopping-trends-stats-2016-10.
- Patel, D. (2017, September 27). 10 social-media trends to prepare for in 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2017, from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/300813.
- Templeman, M. (2017, September 8). 7 ways to make meaningful connections with your customers on social media. Retrieved November 22, 2017, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/miketempleman/2017/08/20/7-ways-to-make-meaningful-connections-with-your-customers-on-social-media/#32f04417b662.
- The Future of Email Marketing—2017 edition. (n.d.). Retrieved November 22, 2017, from https://www.emailmonday.com/email-marketing-future.
- Vigneron, F., & Johnson, L. W. (2017). Measuring perceptions of brand luxury. In Advances in luxury brand management (pp. 199–234). Cham: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Ward, S. (2017, October 5). Why email marketing is still the best thing since sliced bread for business. Retrieved November 22, 2017, from https://www.thebalance.com/email-marketing-2948346.