Effect of Thermomechanical Treatment on Mechanical Properties of Ferromagnetic Fe-Ni-Co-Ti Alloy
The work studies the effect of different thermomechanical treatment regimes of Fe-Ni-Co-Ti alloy on its microstructure and mechanical properties. The characteristic temperatures of martensitic transformation, the mechanical characteristics, such as microhardness, ultimate tensile strength and ductility of martensite and austenite phases have been determined. All these parameters non-monotonously vary with the increase of plastic deformation degree. Plastic deformation under drawing results in stabilization of austenite.
KeywordsIron alloy Thermomechanical treatment Martensite transformation Deformation Aging Tensile properties Thermoelasticity
This research was supported by the laboratories of the Institute of Magnetism and the National Technical University of Ukraine “KPI” of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- 1.Kokorin VV (1987) Martensitic transformations in heterogeneous solid solutions. Naukova Dumka, Kiev (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Christian JW (1975) Theory of phase transformations in metals and alloys. Pergamon Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Otsuka K, Wayman, CM (1998) Shape memory materials. In: Otsuka K, Wayman CM (ed), Cambridge Univ Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hornbogen E, Jost N (1991) Alloys of iron and reversibility of martensitic transformations. J Phys IV France, European symposium on martensitic transformation and shape memory properties, 01(C4):199–210Google Scholar
- 7.Jost N, Escher K, Donner P, Sade M, Halter K, Hornbogen E (1990) Steels with shape memory. Wire 40:639–640Google Scholar
- 10.Maki T, Namura I (1986) Shape memory effect in ferrous alloys. In: Proceedings of the international conference on martensitic transformation, Japan, pp 963–970Google Scholar
- 11.Kokorin, VV, Chernenko VA (1997) Reversion stress evaluation in Fe-Ni-Co-Ti alloys. In: Proceedings of the second international conference on SMST pp. 119–124Google Scholar
- 13.Zakrevskiy IG, Kokorin VV, Chernenko VA (1989) Baroelastic martensitic transformation in Fe-Ni-Co-Ti alloy. Sov Phys 34:73–74Google Scholar
- 15.Titenko AN, Kozlova LE, Chernenko VA (2001) The influence of degree of preliminary plastic deformation and annealing time on mechanical properties of Fe-Ni-Co-Ti shape memory alloy. Metallofiz Nov Tekh 23:1513–1524 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 16.Petch NJ (1953) The cleavage strength of polycrystals. J Iron Steel Inst 174:25–28Google Scholar