The treatment of patients with gastric cancer requires a multidisciplinary clinical perspective in which the nurse plays a very important role. Caring for the gastric cancer patient poses enormous challenges to the nurse, requires constant scientific updating and evidence-based practice, as well as a strong patient/family involvement, making him/his family an active participant throughout the process.
KeywordsGastric cancer Treatment Nurse role
- 1.Allemani C, et al. Global surveillance of trends in cancer survival 2000–14 – The Lancet. 2018. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)33326-3/fulltext. Accessed 9 Feb 2018.
- 2.American Cancer Society. Oral chemotherapy: what you need to know. 2016. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/chemotherapy/oral-chemotherapy.html. Accessed 20 Feb 2018.
- 3.Campos. Doentes oncológicos comprometem tratamento ao usar produtos naturais. 2013. http://www.oipm.uc.pt/recortes/2013_05_15_D_Viseu_UC_OIPM.pdf. Accessed 21 Feb 2018.
- 5.Siqueira J, et al. Using a device for continuous infusion of a chemotherapeutic agent in the perception of the oncologic patient. Northeast Netw Nurs J. 2013;14(6):1217–23.Google Scholar
- 7.Torcato. Doente oncológico submetido a terapêutica oral antineoplásica. 2014. Dissertation, Escola Superior de Enfermagem de Lisboa.Google Scholar