The term diagnostics originates from the medical field and refers to the identification of the nature of a health problem and its classification by examination and evaluation. Technology has adopted this term with respect to the “health” of technical objects. The chapter outlines failure modes and effect analysis as well as fault tree analysis and gives an overview on the methodology of technical diagnostics.
- 1.ISO 13372:2004(E): Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines—VocabularyGoogle Scholar
- 2.ISO Guide 73:2002: Risk management—VocabularyGoogle Scholar
- 3.ISO Guide 51:1999: Safety aspects—Guidelines for their inclusion in standardsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Vesely, W., et al.: Fault tree handbook. NASA, Washington (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Czichos, H. (ed.): Handbook of technical diagnostics. Springer Heidelberg, New York (2013)Google Scholar