Synchronization Technique via Raspbery Pi as Middleware for Hospital Information System
Integration of information system regarding health records is crucial especially when the data are sourced and distributed across several locations of hospitals. Having a centralized data repository to store the health records is one of the suitable ways for integrating the information where stable network connectivity is required so that the information is always available across multiple locations. However, network intermittent occasionally occurs, causing the health information records would not be available to be accessed. Thus in this paper, a new synchronization technique is proposed by deploying Raspberry Pi as secondary server or middleware to ensure that the health records are always available and accessible anytime.
KeywordsInformation synchronization technique Centralized data Hospital information system
This research has been supported and fund by UTeM through short term grant with references PJP/2015/FTMK(7B)/S01448 and fully technical support by Biomedical Computing and Engineering Technologies (BIOCORE) Applied Research Group, Faculty of Information and Communication Technology, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, Malaysia.
- 1.Ghani, M.K.A., Jaber, M.M., Suryana, N.: Barriers faces telemedicine implementation in the developing countries: toward building Iraqi telemedicine framework. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 10(4), 1562–1567 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Ghani, M.K.A., Jaber, M.M., Suryana, N.: Telemedicine supported by data warehouse architecture. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 10(2), 415–417 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Abas, Z.A., et al.: The implementation of personal monitoring system using Histogram of Gradient, Haar classifier and eigenfaces for human detection and recognition. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 10(19), 8799–8806 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Set Up MySQL Master-Master Replication, 26 April 2013. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-mysql-master-master-replication. Accessed 01 Jan 2017
- 7.Gheorghe, M., Petre, R.: Integrating data mining techniques into telemedicine systems. Inform. Econ. 18(1), 120–130 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.MySQL Replication Monitoring, 2011. http://www.digialliance.com/index.php?ch=mda&pg=feature&ac=198. Accessed 01 Jan 2017