Training and Education
In house, on the job training utilizing competencies and supervised practice.
Formal academic training at bachelor’s and Master’s level including the advantages of e-learning
Professional bodies role in education and training
Corporate sponsorship learning opportunities
KeywordsCompetency Formal education Professional bodies Portfolio
Thanks to Aileen Fraser, Clinical Nurse Specialist in IBD at Bristol Royal Infirmary for kindly sharing her in house competencies.
- Department of Health (2004) The NHS knowledge and skills framework (NHS KSF) and the department review process. Department of Health, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Hasundagan A (Director) (2013) Biology and medicine videos. Mucosal immunity overview (2013) Part I – mucosal immunity [video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Um45kC3-9A&feature=youtu.be
- IBD Standards Group (2013) Quality care: service standards for the healthcare of people who have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Oyster Healthcare Communications Ltd. Accessed 13 Sept 2017Google Scholar
- Nature Immunology (2013) Immunology in the GUT mucosa [video]. Arkitek Studios, San Francisco. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnZEge78_78&feature=youtu.beGoogle Scholar
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2017) Revalidation. http://revalidation.nmc.org.uk/. Accessed 2 Aug 2017
- O’Connor M, Bager P, Duncan J, Gaarenstroom J, Younge L, Détré P, Bredin F, Dibley L, Dignass A, Gallego Barrero M, Greveson K, Hamzawi M, Ipenburg N, Keegan D, Martinato M, Murciano Gonzalo F, Pino Donnay S, Price T, Ramirez Morros A, Verwey M, White L, van de Woude CJ (2013) N-ECCO Consensus statements on the European nursing roles in caring for patients with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. J Crohn’s Colitis 7(9):744–764. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crohns.2013.06.004CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- RCN Role Descriptive (2007). https://www2.rcn.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/107746/003194.pdf