Cross-Disciplinary Training for Value-Based Integrated Case Managers
To develop comfort in talking about health behaviors, cognitive issues, and emotional problems in the context of physical disease and about physical illness in the context of behavioral health issues and disorders.
To discuss how to include behavioral health and physical conditions during standard value-based integrated case management assessments.
To review general characteristics about how to handle special medical, behavioral health, and pediatric situations as a value-based integrated case management manager.
To describe the knowledge and skill base needed to integrate assistance for common physical and behavioral health conditions in value-based integrated case management.
KeywordsHealth behaviors Comorbid conditions Cognitive issues Emotional problems Physical and behavioral health integration Medical emergencies Behavioral emergencies
- 3.Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001. xx, 337p.Google Scholar
- 4.Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Committee on Crossing the Quality Chasm: Adaptation to Mental Health and Addictive Disorders. Improving the quality of health care for mental and substance-use conditions. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2006. xxiii, 504p.Google Scholar
- 5.Kathol RG, Melek SP, Sargent S, Sasks L, Patel KK. Chapter 11: Non-traditional mental health and substance use disorder services as a core part of health in CINs and ACOs. In: KRT Y, Bohn J, Konschak C, editors. Clinical integration: population health and accountable care. 3rd ed. Virginia Beach, VA: Convurgent Publishing, LLC; 2015.Google Scholar
- 6.Kathol R, Gatteau S. Healing body and mind: a critical issue for health care reform. Westport, CN: Praeger; 2007. 190pGoogle Scholar
- 7.111th Congress. H.R. 3590: patient protection and affordable care act. In: Congress US, editor. Washington: Government Printing Office; 2010.Google Scholar
- 11.Kathol R, Perez R, Cohen J. The integrated case management manual: assisting complex patients regain physical and mental health. 1st ed. New York City: Springer Publishing; 2010. 500+ pGoogle Scholar