Introduction to Value-Based Integrated Case Management
To describe the three primary goals in health care and the role of value-based integrated case management in achieving them.
To describe the difference between the application of current case management models versus the value-based integrated case management model.
To describe value-based integrated case management and the value-based integrated case management complexity assessment grid.
To describe the use of the care plan and patient-centered integrated case management performance tool in documenting outcomes related to value-based integrated case management.
KeywordsCurrent case management Value-based integrated case management Complexity assessment grid Care plan Patient-centered ICM performance Outcome measurement
- 1.Cohen SB, United States. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The concentration and persistence in the level of health expenditures over time: estimates for the U.S. population, 2012-2013. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2015. Available from: http://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_files/publications/st481/stat481.pdf.Google Scholar
- 4.Commerce USDo. U.S. economic accounts. November 2017 ed. @BEA_News: U.S. Department of Commerce; 2017.Google Scholar
- 5.Services CfMaM. NHE Fact Sheet. CMS.gov: U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; 2017.Google Scholar
- 10.Gallup. Healthcare System 2016. February 24, 2017. Available from: http://www.gallup.com/poll/4708/healthcare-system.aspx.
- 13.111th Congress. H.R. 3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In: Congress US, editor. Washington: Government Printing Office; 2010.Google Scholar
- 14.Porter ME, Lee TE. The strategy that will fix health care. Harvard Business Review. 2013.Google Scholar
- 15.Kathol RG, Melek SP, Sargent S, Sasks L, Patel KK. Chapter 11. Non-traditional mental health and substance use disorder services as a core part of health in CINs and ACOs. In: KRT Y, Bohn J, Konschak C, editors. Clinical integration: population health and accountable care. 3rd ed. Virginia Beach, VA: Convurgent Publishing, LLC; 2015.Google Scholar
- 17.Miller W, Rollnick S. Motivational interviewing: helping people change. New York, NY: The Guifford Press; 2013.Google Scholar
- 18.Kathol R, Perez R, Cohen J. The integrated case management manual: assisting complex patients regain physical and mental health. 1st ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2010. p. 500.Google Scholar
- 20.Huyse F, Stiefel F. In: Huyse F, Stiefel F, editors. Medical clinics of North America: integrated care for the complex medically ill. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar