The Selection of Human Resources in Slovak Companies
The article describes the methods of human resources selection in Slovak companies. The aim of the article is to describe the change in the approach in management of human resources selection. The selection of the employees is an integral part of human resource management. The severity of choice is the fact that every employee has certain personal assumptions, qualifications, performance and personal capacity, which are individually specific and reflect the level and scope of his employment eligibility. At the same time, any activity, profession and position is clearly defined set of requirements and demands with respect to various aspects of employee profiles. It is therefore important to select not only the right employee but also to use the most appropriate method of selection. On the base of analysing and comparing of the surveys realized in the year 2012 and in the year 2016, the difference in human resources selection will be identified. The detected gaps will be analysed, the possible root causes that could make them will be generated, and the next possible ways of development of human resources selection in Slovak companies will be recommended.
KeywordsSelection Human resources Personnel management
This paper is an output of VEGA 1/0244/16 Personnel marketing as a new approach of the ensuring and maintaining the skilled workforce in Slovak companies, which authors gratefully acknowledge.
- Antosova, J. (2008). Manažment Ludskych Zdrojov v Praxi. Kosice, SK: Berg.Google Scholar
- Ceniga, P., & Sukalova, V. (2015). Prevention and protection of young people at work in new economy. International Conference on Economics and Social Science (ICESS), advances in education research, Vol. 86, pp. 94–99.Google Scholar
- Jarina, L. (2013). Influence of motivational factors and pay for performance improvement. Ekonomicko-manazerske Spektrum, 7(2), 21–26.Google Scholar
- Kachanakova, A., Stachova, K., & Stacho, Z. (2013). Riadenie Ludskych Zdrojov v Organizaciach Posobiacich na Slovensku. Bratislava, SK: Iura Edition.Google Scholar
- Mateides, A. (Ed.). (2006). Manazerstvo Kvality. Bratislava, SK: Ekonom.Google Scholar
- Mihalcova, B. (2007). Riadenie Ludskych Zdrojov. Bratislava, SK: Ekonom.Google Scholar
- Ponisciakova, O., & Gogolova, M. (2015). Exploiting the potential and possibilities of conscious human resource management in the process of globalization. International scientific conference on globalization and its socio-economic consequences, Rajecke Teplice, Slovakia, pp. 597–603.Google Scholar
- Stefanikova, L., & Masarova, G. (2013). New skill requirements of financial managers. International scientific conference on financial management of firms and financial institutions, Ostrava, Czech Republic, pp. 928–933.Google Scholar
- Stefanikova, L., Moravcikova, K., & Nadanyiova, M. (2015). Corporate social responsibility as a source of competitive advantage in enterprises of the Slovak Republic. International conference on economics and social science, advances in education research, Vol. 86, pp. 168–173.Google Scholar
- Sukalova, V., & Ceniga, P. (2016). Current problems of employment juveniles in Slovakia. International Conference on Information and Business Management (ISSGBM-IB), Book series: Lecture notes in management science, Vol. 61, pp. 27–32.Google Scholar