The Healthcare Industry and Medical Devices in Environmental Sustainability: Medical Device Industry is Going Green
In the whole world there are several developments in order to make a more sustainable and qualified environment to handle the increase costs of the healthcare services industry. The changes in health sector also affect the medical device sector directly as the medical device sector is the most important key of health sector and that is why the concepts element such as environment, sustainability and green are very important in medical sector. The main purpose of the research is to point out the applications of medical device firms concerning environment and sustainability. The research has been planned and carried out as a cross sectional field work in defined type. The medical device firms running in the city center of Ankara are involved in research population. The research is carried out on 60 medical device firms which accept the research within a months of time. Compared with other sectors, it has been concluded that producing sustainable products in medical sector will be more effective, energy applications will be reducing the treatment costs in healthcare, some medical firms in Turkey are ready for energy efficiency applications and energy efficiency applications will reduce 50% energy costs and will protect 50% the environment according to the medical firm’s opinions.
KeywordsFirst keyword Second keyword Third keyword
- 1.Ankara Tıbbi Cihazlar Sektör Analizi (2013) Ankara: Kalkınma Ajansı (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 2.Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (2006) An environmental guide for the medical device industry in MassachusettsGoogle Scholar
- 3.Deloitte (2012) Türkiye Sağlık Sektörü Raporu. Uluslar Arası Yatırımcılar Derneği (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 4.Dünyada ve Türkiye’de Tıbbi Cihaz Sektörü ve Strateji Önerisi (2013) Ankara: Türkiye Teknoloji Geliştirme Vakfı (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 5.The Growing Importance of More Sustainable Products in the Global Health Care Industry (2012) Johnson & Johnson, New BrunswickGoogle Scholar