This chapter will discuss the workup and management of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, with emphasis on radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and published data.
KeywordsNon-Hodgkin’s lymphoma Radiation therapy Follicular lymphoma Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
We thank Hans T. Chung, MD; Stephen L. Shiao, MD, PhD; and Naomi R. Schechter, MD for their work on the prior edition of this chapter.
- Coiffier B, Feugier P, Mounier N, et al. Long-term results of the GELA study comparing R-CHOP and CHOP chemotherapy in older patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma show good survival in poor-risk patients. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25(suppl 18S):443s. Abstract 8009.Google Scholar
- Hiddemann W, Kneba M, Dreyling M, et al. Frontline therapy with rituximab assed to the combination of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone (CHOP) significantly improves the outcome for patient with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma compared with therapy with CHOP alone: results of a prospective randomized study of the German low-grade lymphoma study group. Blood. 2005;106:3725–32.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Lamy T, Damaj G, Gyan E et al. R-CHOP with or without radiotherapy in non-bulky limited-stage diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL): preliminary results of the prospective randomized phase III 02-3 trial from the Lysa/Goelams Group. Abstract 393. 2014 ASH Annual Meeting.Google Scholar
- Pfreundschuh M, Trümper L, Österborg A, et al. CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) Group. Lancet Oncol. 2006;7:379–91.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pfreundschuh M, Kuhnt E, Trumper L, et al. CHOP-like chemotherapy with or without rituximab in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: 6-year results of an open-label randomized study of the MabThera International Trial (MInT) Group. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12(11):1013–22.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pfreundschuh M, Trümper L, Ma D, et al. Randomized intergroup trial of first line treatment for patients <=60 years with diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (DLBCL) with a CHOP-like regimen with or without the anti-CD20 antibody rituximab – early stopping after the first interim analysis. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:6500.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Spier CM, LeBlanc M, Chase E, et al. Histologic subtypes do not confer unique outcomes in early-stage lymphoma: long-term follow-up of SWOG 8736. Blood. 2004;104. abst 3263.Google Scholar
- The International Prognostic Factors Project. A predictive model for aggressive non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. N Engl J Med. 1993;329(14):987–94.Google Scholar
- Vitolo U et al. First-Line Treatment for primary testicular diffuse large B-cell lymphoa with rituximab-CHOP, CNS prophylaxis and contralateral testis irradiation: Final results of an international phase II trial. JCO 2011;29(20):2766–72.Google Scholar